Friday, August 3, 2012

Hair Accessory Tower

Sorting through all my head bands and wraps was always annoying. I found myself wearing the same ones over and over rather than digging through the mess. I saw a post at Lyssa-Beth and was inspired to make my own organizer. I took a large plastic jug from the dollar store and wrapped it in contact paper. To hold smaller accessories like barrettes, I added a small gladware bowl that fit in the top. It can also be removed to access the inside of the jar where I store various head wraps. I also fixed a small peice of dowel rod in the center of the small gladware bowl with a washer glued to the rod to hold a couple of rings. This tower looks nice and keeps my hair accessories easily accessible.

What you'll need:
  • Large plastic jar (an oatmeal container would also work)
  • Small bowl to fit in top of jar
  • Contact paper to decorate jar
  • Dowel rod
  • Washer to fit over dowel rod
  • Hot Glue to affix the dowel rod to the bowl
Hair accessory organizer

No comments:

Post a Comment