Friday, September 6, 2013

17 weeks post op

I might as well start with the best possible news: my husband and I have been able to have mostly pain free sex! We tried a couple of times after dilation and a few times without dilating first. My pain is 2/10 with penetration that fades away. After about 10 minutes I start to feel burning sensation 2/10 for five to ten minutes after. Of course, we are very excited but are trying to take it slow and not mess anything up. I'm not completely healed (yet), but I'm leaps and bounds better than when I started, not to mention a lot further along than I thought I'd be at this stage. I've read that some people have problems starting at 4.5 months post-op with therapy regression, but I try not to think about it in hopes that it won't happen.

I had my 4th pelvic physical therapy session with Dr. Jen and she is very impressed with my recovery - so much so that I don't have to go back for in office therapy anymore. Surprisingly my muscles feel good, but there is definitely a band of scar tissue. The plan is to continue with the dilation at home until it is no longer painful. In addition to a few total-body stretches, I have some strengthening and relaxation exercises to do daily to keep my pelvic floor happy. After dilation my hubby sometimes does some perineal massage for 5-10 minutes. I'm using the Axiron every other day like Dr. G recommended because of my adverse reactions. Thankfully, I no longer have the persistent headaches and nausea, which makes life much easier. However, I am starting to see the dreaded acne flareup.

Now that I'm done with PT (hopefully) I sat down to calculate numbers for the vestibulectomy and recovery. I just have to say how thankful I am to the billing department at Alvarado hospital. They really looked into my insurance plan and have saved me thousands of dollars with the recommendation for cash pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment