Thursday, May 30, 2013

Post Op day 21

There's not a whole lot of change since my last post, which I don't believe is a bad thing. I think I've had a pretty good recovery so far. I'm back home spending time with my family. We actually went "camping" in RVs over the Memorial Day weekend with my immediate family. It was a little bit difficult not to play with my niece and nephew, but it all worked out. Normally I pick them up, run around and let them climb all over me, but this time they knew that Auntie Missy had an "owie" so they had to be easy. I also got to spend the weekend with my newest nephew who is 8 months old. I don't get to see him much so I like to love on him as much as possible. Unfortunately he is well over the 10lb weight limit so I was afraid to pick him up. Normally I would get situated and have someone set him on my lap.

I'm still taking 800mg of Ibuprofen for what little pain I have, typically 1-2 times a day. Using ice during the day makes the itching manageable so I only take the Vistaril at night since it makes me sleepy. I've gotten pretty good at moving while keeping the ice in place. I've consolidated my baths to two 90+ minute sessions. It seems to give me more time with my family as well as conserving water. I'm also still walking 20-30 minutes every couple of hours, but it's not the activity that I'm used to. The decrease in activity has my body a little confused. I've had problems with my left piriformis muscle (in my bottom) for a couple of years that eventually causes hip discomfort that is only relieved by stretching, being active and a chiropractic adjustment. I'm afraid the stretches I have used before may pull a little on my stitches so I haven't been doing them which has my muscle irritated. Hopefully I can restart the stretching and see a chiropractor after I see Dr. G for my 6 week follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment